How to cancel a Westjet flight online and get a refund?
When you have bought a flight ticket from WestJet, but the purpose of the visit has been abundant, then you could cancel a fare and request a refund. Further, you can cancel westjet flight online on your own, and the clues for using these options are stated at the bottom:-
- Get to the official web page of WestJet.
- Later on, click on the manage trip icon and choose to manage flight options.
- Further, enter your reservation code with your last name.
- Now, you will see your all flight booking data.
- Select a ticket booking you wish to cancel.
- Now, you can have the details, such as cancelation fees, with the refund amount. Then click on the confirm icon.
- Afterward, click on the refund icon and share the information asked in the form.
By using the above point you can easily cancel your Westjet flight ticket online.
Westjet flight cancellation Guidelines
Whenever you could cancel a flight ticket from Westjet Airlines, then you may have to follow up with certain rules and regulations. You can recognize those statutory provisions from the Westjet cancellation guidelines, and the details have been defined at the bottom.
- When you could cancel a reservation within 24 hours of ticket purchase, then you could be exempted from any kind of penalty. But the fares bought within 24 hours of flight departure are subject to cancellation fees.
- The cancellation is made out over the course of a 24-hour grace period window then additional charges could be applied based on fare types.
- When you have a basic fare, then you are not able to cancel a booking, and if you do, then you get to forfeit its cost.
- The Econo, premium, business, and member exclusive fare with a route to/from North America could charge $100 around for a cancellation made out of the course 24-hour window.
- The fare types are Economy and member exclusive that have a destination other than North America, Then you may have to pay $150 as a cancellation fee for a cancellation made after risk-free time or same-day cancellation.
- When you could cancel a premium fare, then you may have to pay $300 based on destinations.
- If you have canceled a business flight ticket, then the cancellation fee could be around $600.
- You may not have to pay cancellation fees for flight tickets such as Econo Flex, premium Flex, and business Flex.
- The cancel credit that you have received after canceling then it could be valid for a year from the date of issuance.
How much is the cancellation fee for a Westjet flight?
When you could cancel a flight on Westjet, then you can get a time for free cancelation. When this period gets lapsed, then you may have to pay a WestJet cancellation fee that could be between $100 to $600, and it could depend on the ticket types and routes.
How do I contact WestJet for flight cancellation?
A cancelation on Westjet could be performed through various modes, but reaching out airline might be a conventional method. In this manner, you do not get to follow up with any lengthy process and are also able to speak with the human. For that, you can dial Westjet cancel flight phone number 1 (888) 937-8538, and then pick a relevant option from the shared IVR menu.
How late can you cancel a flight with WestJet?
You could cancel a flight on WestJet up to two hours prior to the flight schedule departure. If you could carry out the cancelation procedure within this window, then you may have to forfeit the cost of the fare.
Does WestJet refund money for Cancelled flights?
Yes, WestJet refunds the money for canceled flights. But you can acquire a WestJet cancellation refund completely on a booking canceled within 24 hours of the ticket being purchased. After the expiration of this period, then you may have a refund in the form of travel credit, but canceled fees could be deducted.
How can I cancel a Westjet flight without a cancellation fee?
There are certain circumstances under that you can avoid charges for Westjet to cancel the reservation, and the relevant situation is as follows:-
- When a cancelation is made within 24 hours of booking
- When you have purchased Econo Flex, premium Flex, and business Flex flight tickets.
How long before a WestJet flight can you cancel?
You were able to fly a WestJet flight with a certain operation-prescribed time. Moreover, you are eligible for WestJet cancel booking at least 2 hours before the departure of the flight, and within that period, you may get an opportunity to perform a cancellation.
Can I cancel WestJet within 24 hours of booking?
Yes, you can cancel a WestJet booking within 24 of booking. Further, if WestJet cancels a booking within 24 hours of ticket purchase, then you cannot be charged any kind of cancellation fee. If the cancellation is made after the expiration of this window, then additional fees could be charged as per the fare types and destinations.