Get detailed information about how much does WestJet Airlines charge for baggage.
In order to get details as far as WestJet baggage policy or allowance is concerned, you have come to the exact right place. If you have reservations with WestJet, then you must run some checks with the baggage allowance and other things that are related to your flight.
The baggage allowance varies as per the tickets category. So without further ado let us get straight into this.
As far as regular basic fares are concerned, WestJet allows passengers to take the following items with them that are listed down under:
- Carry on baggage
- One personal item for free
- One carry-on item for free
- Checked baggage
- Oversize baggage (fees applicable)
- Overweight baggage )fees applicable)
- Sports equipment. However, there are certain items that are chargeable.
What is WestJet’s carry-on baggage policy?
As far as WestJet flights are concerned, the passengers are allowed to take with them one personal item and one carry-on bag for free.
As for the size, the carry-on baggage should not exceed the following:
- 45 linear inches (21x15x9) or 114 centimetres (53x38x23) including handle and wheels.
- Moreover, the carry-on baggage must fit either under the seat in front of you or else it should come in the overhead bin.
As for the size, the personal bag should not exceed the following:
- 35 linear inches or 89 centimetres
- Moreover, it should fit in the overhead bin or the seat in front of you.
- Carry on allowance do not include the following items: a jacket, umbrella, diaper bag, duty-free items, assistive devices such as a wheelchair, walkers, crutches, strollers, child-resistant seats, etc.
- In case you have a reservation for a bulkhead seat then you must make sure that all your carry-on baggage fits in the overhead bin provided in the aircraft.
- The WestJet charge for carry-on luggage costs somewhere around 50 USD to 100 USD.
How do I get a free checked bag on WestJet?
As far as checked-in bags are concerned, the allowances offered by WestJet are as follows:
- Maximum four bags are allowed and the passengers could take 2 checked-in bags as per the standard policy
- 62 inches is the maximum allowed dimension for the checked-in bags.
- 50 pounds or 23 kgs is the maximum allowed weight.
How much does WestJet charge for baggage?
- First bag - 35.40 USD
- Second bag - 59 USD
- Third and fourth bag - 118 USD
- 88 USD is charged as far as overweight baggage is concerned.
You can also check