Learn the ways to get a refund from South African Airways and refund policy
There are several methods to get a refund from SAA. You can apply for it through the call or mail them that you want your flight to be refunded. The methods to help you are as mentioned below:
Online process to get a refund from SAA (South African Airways)
- Visit the South African Airways official website. https://www.flysaa.com/
- Click on the "MANAGE YOUR RESERVATION" option.
- Enter your "Surname" and "Reservation reference number" and click on the log in button.
- Now you can see all the reservations you have made with SAA.
- Select the reservation you want to cancel.
- Click on the cancel option and enter a valid reason for the flight cancellation and click on the refund option.
- Pay flight cancellation fees if applicable.
- Finally, the airlines will send you a confirmation email to your email address regarding the same.
SAA refund request form
You can get your money back from South African Airways by filling the SAA refund form and apply for the refund and get it on time. So, the steps for the same are as mentioned below:
- You have to visit the official website of South African Airways. On the menu bar panel, you will find the option associated with the contact page.
- Click on the option and get directed to the contact page of South African Airways.
- So, you will then be able to spot the option of customer forms; among the various contact forms, you will find the refund form too.
- You are to complete the form and then send it to the customer services of South African Airlines. As soon as it is processed, you will receive help from them, and they will give you a refund.
Contact South African Airways for refund
You can dial the official number of South African Airlines 1 (800) 722-9675. You will then connect with the human assistant, to whom you can make a refund request, and they will help you further.
You can mail your request for a South African Airways refund. So, you have to compose your mail with all of the information about your flight details and the application for a refund and send email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention your contact details as well to help them get connected with you. So, then you will get the refund then.
Office Hours: Weekdays, 08h00 - 16h30 (SAST)
What are the South African airways refund policy?
The highlights of the south African airways refund policy are as mentioned below. You can get help from them then. You should know these as this will only benefit you in the future.
- If you apply for the refund in the first 24 hours of booking your flight ticket, then you will get the refund without paying cancellation charges.
- However, when applied otherwise, you will have to get your cancellation charges deducted.
- If it is a refundable fare, you will get it in cash, but if it is a non-refundable fare, you will get the refund in the travel credit points.
- The cancellation charges are dependent on the fare type you have booked, your route, your destination, and all other flight itinerary factors.
- If you have booked your flight ticket through a travel agency or a travel agent, then you cannot ask for assistance from South African Airlines.
- You can apply for a South African Airways ticket refund through the official website by calling the airline and visiting the nearby airport.
How long does it take to get a refund from a South African Airways?
The South African Airways refund timeline depends on the payment method you have used to book your flight. If the booking was made through cash, then you will have to wait for at least 20 working days. Then again, if you have made the payment through the credit/debit card, then you will take at least seven to eight business working days.