Malaysia Airlines is a customer-oriented airline that tries to help the customer in every possible way. The airline provides a very special feature that can be used to cancel Malaysia airlines tickets.
Cancel your flight via the website - This is an online option given by the airline; this feature can use to cancel and raise a refund request from anywhere at any time. You need to follow these simple steps.
Cancel Malaysia Airlines flight reservation online
- Go to the official website of Malaysia Airlines. https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/
- On the website's homepage, click on the "manage" option.
- An interface will open where you have to fill in the details such as the booking reference number and the passenger's last name, then press the manage booking tab.
- You will see a page with all the details of your reservations on the screen.
- Select the reservation which you want to cancel.
- Next, hit the cancel tab in the bottom right corner of the page.
- After hitting the cancel tab, your screen will be redirected to the payment page, where you must pay the cancellation fee.
- Pay the fee if applicable else, press the continue tab.
- Once you complete all the processes, a confirmation message will be sent to your email id from the Malaysia airline.
How much does Malaysia Airlines flight cancellation cost?
If you want to cancel your Malaysia reservation within 24 hours of booking, then the airline will not charge any cancellation fee, and you will get your full refund. However, the airline will charge you around $100 to $400 as a cancellation fee if you raise the request after 24 hours of booking. The cancellation fee or penalty depends upon the distance and time of your journey. The airline will give travel credits to normal basic ticket travel credits if you cancel that ticket.
What is the Malaysia Airlines cancellation policy?
Make sure you get all the terms and conditions of Malaysia Airlines' cancellation policy before raising a cancellation request.
- The airline does not impose any charge or fee if you cancel your booking within 24 hours of purchase.
- After 24 hours of the ticket being purchased, you have to pay a cancellation fee if you cancel your booking after 24 hours of booking.
- If you book your flight through an agent, you must contact the agent for the cancellation process.
- You don't have to pay any amount if you cancel due to any medical emergency or death.
- If the flight gets to hold up for more than 3 hours or is canceled, the passengers are eligible to get compensation or cancel the ticket if they do not want to take the next earliest flight.
- Due to a new disease known as HFMD, passengers can cancel the booking if they get infected or have any symptoms.
How do I contact Malaysia Airlines for flight cancellation?
Raise the Cancellation Request through Phone Call - One can raise a Malaysia Airlines flight cancellation request by calling the toll-free number and making sure you follow the steps below.
- Ring the authentic Malaysia Airlines phone number 1 (800) 552-9264
- Select the language in which you want to talk with customer service.
- You will hear an IVR asking you to press the digits on your dial pad according to your concern.
- Listen to the airline carefully and press 3 for flight-related issues on your dial pad.
- Wait for some time till you get connected with the airline.
- Once you get connected, ask the customer service representative to cancel your ticket and explain why.
- Share your flight-related details with the representative and pay the cancellation fee if applicable. Customer service will send a confirmation message to your phone number after dealing with all the processes.