Having refunds over canceled flights is the most common process that every travel seeks after ticket cancellation. But sometimes, while you pursue your travel trip to an international destination, then during the COVID situations, there are some severe conditions composed by every airline from the angle of security and safety of customers while they travel.
Moreover, when starting your tour with Air Canada but due to some reasons you wish to cancel your reservation and get a refund from Air Canada, then follow the mentioned ways to get a refund with ease.
Online steps to get a refund from Air Canada
- First of all, go to the Air Canada official website. https://www.aircanada.com/
- Then you will move to the manage booking tab and press on it.
- After that, you have to tap over the refund application wherein you will fill up all the appropriate information;
- First, you need to enter the canceled ticket reference number and the passenger's last name.
- After which you will select refund form and therein enter contact details of the traveler
- Now passenger will select the trip type (round trip, one-way or multi-city)
- Next, you click over the menu list tab, wherein you need to select the most appropriate option for refund reasons.
- Describe the reason within 1000 characters
- Further select terms and conditions tab ahead
- At last, click over the submit tab. You will receive a confirmation email ID for the refund request with the complete summary.
Further, if you are on the airport premises and waiting for a flight, but it has been 3 hours or so of your flight, you aren't notified about the flight update. Then you are eligible to avail of an air Canada refund online. If you are getting issues with the online refund system, you must contact the customer service team to request a refund.
How long does it take to get a refund from Air Canada?
Once your refund request is fully considered and reviewed by the officials at air Canada, you need to wait for 7 to 20 days to get the refund back in the original payment account. However, the Air Canada refund time might extend up to one to three months, so if you do not get the refund in 7 to 20 days, then wait for three months at least. You can then escalate the problem to the executive regarding your refund request.
Air Canada refund policy
Passengers need to withdraw their Air Canada booking to receive the refund completely but before canceling the flight reservation, you must be aware of the Air Canada refund policy along with some certain rules and regulations attached to it, which is listed down below:
- If you wish to get the full refund of your canceled flight with Air Canada, then make sure to withdraw your tickets within 24 hours of booking it as per the 24 hours free cancelation policy of air Canada.
- Passengers are bound to pay a cancelation fee if they fail to cancel their booking within the risk-free period of air Canada within 24 hours of booking a flight.
- No refunds are given to the passengers who hold a non-refundable Air Canada flight ticket. However, they can claim the travel credits of the same amount in such cases. The travel credits of your Air Canada flight are redeemable on the next booking and come with an expiry period of a year from the date of issuance.
- All the refunds of your canceled Air Canada flight depend on the time of cancelation, time left in your flight departure, ticket conditions, cabin, route, and type.
- Passengers can get the refund immediately after canceling a flight, but if you did not receive the refund, contact the airlines. You can also get the refund form from the Air Canada website and fill it with all the required details to get a refund.
- If you cancel a flight due to some sudden emergency, such as the death of a family person, you can request the airline to offer you a complete refund, but you must show supportive documents.
How do I contact Air Canada about my refund?
For further information regarding the Air Canada ticket refund, you can also contact customer service by dialing toll-free 1 888 247-2262 to get quick assistance. Check mentioned points to contact customer support about the refund.
- Open the official webpage of Air Canada on your desktop or mobile phone.
- Now go to the ‘customer support’ option available on the home screen. https://www.aircanada.com/us/en/aco/home/fly/customer-support.html
- Look around on the following window to find the ‘receipt requests’ option and click on it.
- The refund request form of air Canada will appear on the following screen so fill out the form with all necessary details regarding your canceled flight and personal information.
- Click on the Next button and enter more information to submit the form.
- Finally, the concerned team of air Canada will look into your refund request and initiate it accordingly.