How can I cancel my Korean Air ticket online?
Korean Air is the largest airline by fleet size and the flag carrier of South Korea. If you have made a reservation with the airline but for some personal circumstance you have to cancel your Korean Air plane ticket, you can do it online through the official website or by contacting the airline customer support. Try the ways described below:
Cancel Korean Air flight reservation
You can continue with the online process and cancel Korean Air tickets yourself without any hassle. Online ticket cancellation is quite easy and understandable. Follow the given steps below to cancel the tickets easily:
- Get to the official website of Korean Air. https://www.koreanair.com/
- Click on ‘My Trips’ from the list. https://www.koreanair.com/reservation/search
- Enter the booking number, boarding date, and last name.
- Retrieve the booking details on your screen.
- Select the booking want to cancel.
- Pay for the cancellation, if needed
- Get immediate confirmation after the process is complete.
After you cancel a Korean air flight online, the cancellation message will instantly be sent to your email id and contact number.
Call for flight cancellation:
This a good alternative for people who want to cancel tickets and then further book a new ticket. You can call the Korean air customer service agent by dialing the toll-free which is 1 (800) 438-5000. To cancel Korean air booking with assistance from customer service:
- Dial 1 800 438 5000
- Listen to the IVR
- Press 2 for ticket cancellation
- Press 6 to speak to a live person at Korean Air.
Cancel the tickets at the airport:
After arrival at the airport, if you feel that the journey has to be postponed, you can walk up to a counter and cancel your flight with Korean air with customer service assistance.
Learn about the Korean Air ticket cancellation policy
The tickets must be canceled according to the terms and conditions of the Korean air cancellation policy, which is simplified for the passenger’s convenience.
- If the ticket is canceled on the same day, ie. within 24 hours of booking, no cancellation fee is required.
- The tickets can be canceled up to 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure
- It must be 7 days and more from the scheduled flight departure to cancel the ticket for free.
- If the scheduled flight is canceled by Korean air, the passenger will be booked on the next available flight or duly compensated for the inconvenience.
- The ticket cannot be canceled if the flight is missed and no information is given to the airline beforehand.
How much are Korean air flight ticket cancellation charges?
The Korean air cancellation fee depends upon the destination, class, and fare of the ticket purchased by the passenger.
- For cancellation of domestic flight tickets, no cancellation fee is payable.
- If an international ticket is canceled, the charge will be calculated according to the scheduled flight departure time. The closer the cancellation is made to the date of departure higher cancellation charges will be levied.
- An amount can vary from 30 USD to 150 USD as a cancellation charge.
Does Korean Air have a 24-hour cancellation policy?
If the ticket is canceled within 24 hours of purchase, Korean Air does not charge any cancellation fee. The cancellation policy of 24 hours is made for flexibility and easy ticket cancellation.
However, the only condition attached to this policy is the ticket must be canceled before 7 days from the scheduled flight’s departure.