You may have misspelled your name while booking your JetBlue Flight ticket and if this causes you worries then you worry not. Well, JetBlue offers a simple and easy process to change the name on flight tickets as JetBlue Name Change Policy states.
Steps to change the name on JetBlue Airways
In order to change the name on the flights on JetBlue, thus making the ticket transferrable, you must follow these instructions:
First, you need to cancel the segments in the current PNR & leave the ticket open for the airlines to access it.
Secondly, you need to book a new PNR for the new customer and then store a current selling fare.
After that, use the open ticket and process a voluntary exchange/reissue on the same ticket.
In the end, you need to collect the applicable change penalty fee and any difference in fare at the time of reissue.
To complete a name correction at JetBlue Airlines, the following criteria must be met:
- JetBlue must be the validating carrier in accordance with the rules.
- All flights on the ticket should have been operated and/or validated by JetBlue.
- Only one reissue per ticket is allowed for a name correction in the air ticket. Any additional name corrections are considered a name change that is subject to all the change fees and increases in fare.
- Changes with respect to flights, travel dates, fare classes, or fare basis codes are not permitted.
- Minor name corrections are permitted in order to match the government-issued ID/passport.
- The date of birth & gender cannot be changed in addition to a name correction. Making corrections to both the DOB and the name would be considered a name change.
If you still feel any confusion regarding name correction, you can also talk with a JetBlue Airlines representative by dialing 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583).